ASAPS, a national organization that is devoted exclusively to aesthetic plastic surgery, found that of the $13.5 billion total spent on aesthetic procedures, 58 percent was spent on surgical procedures and the remaining 42 percent was spent on non-surgical treatments. The total spent reflects a $1.5 billion increase from 2014.
The organization found women accounted for more than 1.7 million surgical procedures in 2015, 90 percent of the total, while men had close to 200,000 surgical procedures.
According to ASPS, there were 15.9 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed in 2015, a 2 percent increase from 2014 and a 115 percent increase since the start of the new millennium. A total of 1.7 million cosmetic surgical procedures were performed in 2015. The top five procedures performed were:
- Breast augmentation (279,143 procedures)
- Liposuction (222,051 procedures)
- Rhinoplasty (217,979 procedures)
- Eyelid surgery (203,934 procedures)
- Tummy tuck (127,967 procedures)
A total of 14.2 million cosmetic minimally invasive procedures were performed in 2015. The top five were:
- Botox (6.7 million procedures)
- Soft tissue fillers (2.4 million procedures)
- Chemical peel (1.3 million procedures)
- Laser hair removal (1.1 million procedures)
- Microdermabrasion (800,340 procedures)
Learn More About Your Plastic Surgery Options
Are you interested in learning more about plastic surgery? The Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists are board certified and experienced surgeons who offer a range of surgical and non-surgical plastic surgery procedures to enhance a patient’s appearance. Speak to a friendly member of our team to learn how plastic surgery can help you achieve your aesthetic goals. To schedule your one-on-one consultation please call 404-255-2975 today.