Ways to Boost your Self-Esteem Without Plastic Surgery
By Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists, on April 10, 2013
One of the biggest motivations people have for seeking plastic surgery or cosmetic treatments is to boost their self-confidence. Self-esteem is essential for a high quality of life. People who suffer from low self-esteem can quickly find themselves lethargic, depressed, and letting their lives simply pass them by without being an active participant. Low self-esteem can also interfere with both your personal and social interactions. A positive self-image can equate to a positive outlook on life in general.
For those people who already find themselves feeling “less than” about their current situation, there are a few things they can do to help boost self-image.
- SAY NICE THINGS TO YOURSELF: This one might seem silly at first, but reminding yourself out loud of the things that are special about yourself can help improve your self-esteem. Look at yourself in the mirror each day and say to yourself why you should be happy with whom you are. After a while the silliness will begin to fade and hearing these positive affirmations will be a great reminder that no matter how down you may feel, you are special to the person that matters most: you!
- STAND TALL: Posture says a lot about a person. People who stand tall exude an air of confidence and attract other people. For those people that hang their head low and slouch, that has the exact opposite reaction. By making yourself stand tall and with confidence you’ll also be welcoming people into your world. The increased social interactions and confidence that comes with them will most certainly make you feel better about yourself.
- SMILE: Even if you don’t feel like it, if you take the time to smile, even when you’re blue, eventually you’ll find yourself feeling better. Smiles are also inviting to people (much like standing tall) and will increase social interactions. Smiles are contagious and eventually any fake smiles will become the real deal.
- TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF: We all have responsibilities. Whether it is work or family, taking some time away for yourself will greatly improve your mood and remind you that life isn’t all work and no play. These little “mental health” days can vastly improve how you look at yourself and the world around you.
- GIVE YOURSELF A MAKE-OVER: Whether you decide on a new hair style or color, spice up your wardrobe, or decide to move ahead with that cosmetic surgery you’ve always dreamed about, change is a good thing. By making a change in you, regardless of how dramatic, can send a breath of fresh air into your life and make you feel attractive again. Feeling great about how you look, not only improves your mood but your social and professional interactions as well.
Many of these tips are simple things you can do on your own to boost your confidence. If you are one of the millions of people each year that look to plastic surgery or cosmetic treatments as a self-esteem boosting make over tool, then it is time to consult with the board certified plastic surgeons at The Beauty of Knowledge Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery. By sitting down with Dr. Mackay or Dr. Nunn, you can learn all about the vast number of plastic surgery or cosmetic treatments available to help you meet your body aesthetic goals and get you on track to being the best you can possibly be.
Don’t let the blues get you down. Take charge of your life by letting these simple steps get you on the right track to feeling great again courtesy of The Beauty of Knowledge.