Get to Know Your Plastic Surgeon
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Have you completed advanced training (e.g., fellowships, training programs)?
- Do you have hospital privileges? If so, where?
- Is your surgical facility accredited by a national/state-recognized accrediting agency? Is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- How long have you been practicing?
- How frequently do you perform the procedure I am interested in?
- Can I see before-and-after photos of your past patients?
- Can I read patient testimonials?
Learn About the Procedure(s) of Your Choice
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure?
- Will this procedure help me achieve the results I want?
- What happens during surgery?
- How long will the operation last?
- When will I be released from the hospital/surgical facility?
- How do I prepare for this procedure?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How do you handle complications?
- What do I do if I am not satisfied with my results?
Understand What to Expect During Recovery
- How long is the initial recovery period?
- Should I take time off from work? If so, how much?
- What type of side effects should I expect?
- Will I need to take pain medication?
- When can I resume exercise?
- When can I socialize again?
- How can I speed up the recovery process?
- When will my results be visible?
- What is the cost of the procedure?
- What does this cost entail?
- What are my payment options?
- Do you offer financing?
- Can medical insurance cover all or a portion of the cost of my procedure?
To schedule a personal consultation with Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists, please call our Northside office at (404) 255-2975 or our Piedmont office at (404) 343-0897 to make an in-person appointment.