What Causes Man Boobs?
The exact cause of gynecomastia is not exactly known. However, doctors have identified the following factors:
- Hormonal imbalance resulting in excess female hormones
- Certain medical conditions (e.g., testicular tumors)
- Use of anabolic steroids
- Drug or alcohol use
Solutions for Man Boobs
It is a common misconception that gynecomastia can be reduced by exercising. In reality, the only proven way to correct the condition is through male breast reduction surgery. The procedure involves excising excess glandular tissue and/or removing fatty tissue through liposuction. The result is a smoother, flatter chest. Thanks to male breast reduction surgery, patients feel more confident in showing off their physique. They no longer feel embarrassed when taking off their shirts at the beach or pool. The physical discomfort related to gynecomastia is eliminated, allowing these men to move and exercise more comfortably.
If you are embarrassed by man boobs, the Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists can help. You may be a suitable candidate for the procedure if:
- You are in good overall health
- You are not overweight
- You have good skin elasticity
- You have realistic expectations
- You experience physical and emotional discomfort due to enlarged breast tissue
- Your breast development has stabilized (Teenage boys may be eligible for the procedure if their condition has been present for more than two years or if the condition is severe)
To learn more about male breast reduction, schedule a one-on-one consultation with the Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists. Please call our Atlanta plastic surgery practice today at (404) 255-2975.