Types of Exercise You Can Do
Here are a few rules of thumb when it comes to incorporating exercise back into your everyday life following breast augmentation. Keep in mind, these suggestions vary by patient, and physical activity goals should be discussed with your doctor.
- First Two Weeks: Short walks are recommended to promote healthy circulation. You can gradually increase the length and speed of your walks while being careful to not push yourself too hard too soon. Do not engage in running, jogging, intense walking, or upper-body exercises, as these could increase the risk of bleeding at the operational site.
- Three Weeks: Depending upon your recovery process, you may be able to incorporate slow, low-impact exercises for the bottom half. Only proceed with these exercises with your doctor’s approval.
- Six Weeks: Most patients are able to resume their regular fitness regimen at this point. It is important to listen to your body. You may find that you are able to do many of the same exercises as before your procedure, just at a lower intensity. If any exercise feels too strenuous, resume with lower impact activity. Again, perform these exercises only when you receive the OK by your plastic surgeon and regular doctor.
Tips on Selecting a Sports Bra
Once your surgeon clears you, you will be free to wear sports bras again. Keep these tips in mind when selecting a sports bra:
- Following surgery, implants will use the recovery time to settle into place. A sports bra can affect the breasts’ shape and appearance; therefore, you should look for a bra that doesn’t impose too much pressure or constriction.
- The shape and size of the breasts following augmentation form gradually, so a sports bra purchased right after surgery might not fit once the surgery’s results have been fully achieved. If you’re searching for a sports bra to wear right after surgery, remember that it may have to be thrown out later on.
Why Patients Trust Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists
Breast augmentation is a fairly straightforward procedure that can produce noticeable results. If you’re thinking about breast reconstruction surgery or breast implants, make sure that you’re receiving the best care from a board certified plastic surgeon you can trust. Call Atlanta Plastic & Reconstructive Specialists’ Northside office at (404) 255-2975 today to discuss your options.